1. This course presents exponential and logarithm functions in depth, but the material is presented incrementally so that all students can follow. This self-paced course contains study material in the form of eight videos and one pdf practice problem file.
2. Any high-school student studying Additional Mathematics in the Caribbean or UK systems, CAPE Pure Mathematics Unit 1, IB-SL and IB-HL Mathematics, students in Algebra 2, Functions or Pre-Calculus or first year University students covering these topics will find this course useful.
3. Teachers may use these videos to “turn around their class-rooms”.
4. After discussing the algorithms and properties of these functions, real world applications are discussed.
5. Interested students should join this class because misconceptions are pointed out, and the step-by-step method of solving questions should clear up any further doubts.
6. Any textbook which has Exponential and Logarithm as a topic may be used.
7. Upon completion of this course, a student will be able to approach even the toughest problems with greater confidence and a better understanding.
8. Pre-requisites for this course are that the students should be able to solve simple equations, quadratic equations (by factoring or using the quadratic equation) and simultaneous linear equations.
Language of instruction: English