Trigonometry is the study of triangles; i.e., finding the measures of angles and the lengths of sides in a triangle.
First, you will be exposed to the ways of measuring an angle in degrees or radians, then the six trigonometric ratios are defined using a right triangle.
General trigonometry connects the right triangle to the circle, and soon you will learn how to measure general angles using the standard position, a reference angle and quadrant or as a co-terminal angle.
Later, the course moves into trigonometric functions which have greater applications than just the study of triangles. For example, the graph of a sine or cosine function mimics the ocean tides or the amount of daylight hours throughout the year to the tangent curve representing global warming trends.
Finally, the course ends with verifying trigonometric identities and solving trigonometric equations.
- This is a self-paced course which contains 26 videos.
- Covers high school (Add Math, CSEC, CAPE, O-Level, A-Level, IB SL and IB HL Mathematics topic, Algebra 2 or Pre-Calculus) student and college Trigonometry or Pre-Calculus level.
- Teachers may use these videos to "turn around the class-room"
- Any textbook which has trigonometry as a topic may be used with this course.
- Upon completion of this course, a student will be able to approach even the toughest problems with greater confidence and a better understanding.
- Pre-requisites for this course are that students should already know how to solve basic equations, quadratic equations and inequalities and have an understanding of functions.
Language of instruction: English